- Archer ~ Tank destroyer armed with 17-per. Self-Propelled Gun, ARCHER:...Unlike the Bishop, the Archer was a much more succesfull conversion of the basic Valentine which mounted a 17pdr A/T gun pointing to the rear an a limited-traverse mounting. It was used as a 'tank-killer' from late 1944 onwards, and proved a popular and useful weapon.
Baron Mk III ~ Flail tank with faceted turret containing flail engines.
Bishop Mk 1 ~ SPG based on 25-per. Self-Propelled Gun, BISHOP:...The Bishop was an attemp to provide some form of SP gun support to the British armoured divisions. It housed a 25pdr gun in an armoured box mounted on a Valentine chassis. The Bishop was not a great success and was replaced by the M7 Priest 105mm gun as soon as possible. About 80 were produced but after 1943 they were withdrawn.
Valentine AVLB ~ Turretless Mark II fitted with class 30 scissors bridge. Valentine Bridgelayer:...Some used in Burma 1944.
Valentine I ~ The first model of the Valentine. Original production version with 135hp petrol engine and 2pdr gun.
Valentine II ~ This model used AEC A190 131 hp diesel engine. Valentine II :...Fitted with 131hp diesel engine -some fitted with desert sand shields and long-range external tanks.
Valentine III ~ A larger turret was installed. Valentine III :...Enlarged turret to accomodate extra crew member.
Valentine IV ~ Mark II fitted with an American GMC 6004 138hp diesel engine and US-made transmission. Valentine IV :...New 138hp diesel engine in Valentine II.
Valentine V ~ Mark III fitted with the GMC 6004 diesel engine and US-made transmission. Valentine V :...New diesel engine in Valentine III
Valentine VI ~ Canadian-built version of the Mark IV. Valentine VI :...First Canadian production version, similair to Valentine IV.
Valentine VII ~ Canadian versionof the Mark VI with American Browning MG.
Valentine VIIA ~ Mark VII with jettisonable fuel tanks, new tracks and protected headlights. Valentine VII :...Improved Valentine VI with detail changes.
Valentine VIII ~ Mark III upgraded with the QF 6-pdr gun but no caxial MG. Valentine VIII :...Upgraded version with 6pdr gun -turretcrew reduced to two-. Conversion from Valentine III.
Valentine IX ~ Mark V upgraded with the QF 6-pdr gun and 165 hp engine. Valentine IX :...Conversion from Valentine V with 6pdr gun.
Valentine X ~ New turret design, coaxial machine gun and 165 hp engine. Valentine X :...1943 production version with 6pdr gun and new 165hp diesel engine.
Valentine XI ~ Mark X upgraded with the OQF 75mm gun and 210 hp version of the GMC 6004 diesel Valentine XI :...As Valentine X but with 75mm main armament -final production version.
- Valentine DD:...At one time it was decided that the Valentine should be the standard 'swimming' tank but in 1944 this rule was taken over by the M4 Sherman and the Valentine DD was used for trials and training only.
Valentine DD III ~ Mark III fitted with Straussler's Duplex Drive.
Valentine DD V ~ Mark V fitted with Straussler's Duplex Drive.
Valentine DD VIII ~ Mark VIII fitted with Straussler's Duplex Drive.
Valentine DD IX ~ Mark IX fitted with Straussler's Duplex Drive.
Valentine DD XI ~ Mark XI fitted with Straussler's Duplex Drive.
- Valentine OP/Command:...This was a Valentine with the main gun removed to provide space for wireless sets, mapboards, etc. Used in Archer formations.
Valentine COP ~ command version with dummy gun and extra radios.
Valentine CDL ~ Fitted with Canal Defense Light. This mounted the same CDL turret as the Matilda CDL, but was not used in action.
Valentine [6-pdr anti-tank mounting] ~ Experimental vehicle built by Vickers-Armstrong. Valentine with 6pdr anti-tank mounting:...Trials vehicle with 6pdr on open mounting, 1942.
- Valentine [Flamethrower 1] ~ Flamethrower with fuel projected by cordite charges.
Valentine [Flamethrower 2] ~ Flamethrower with fuel projected by gas pressure.
Valentine [7.92in flame mortar] ~ Experimental vehicle with turret replaced by fixed heavy mortar. Valentine 7.92inch Flame Mortar:...Heavy mortar mounted in a turretless Valentine. Trials only.
- Valentine AMRA Mk Ib ~ Fitted with mine exploder roller attachment. Valentine AMRA Mark 1b:...Mine roller device not used operationally.
Valentine Scorpion ~ Turretless version with flail attachment. Valentine Scorpion II:...Mine clearing flail tank -not used in action.
Valentine Snake ~ Mine exploder. Valentine Snake:...Mine clearing device dragged acros a minefield. Actually a pipe filled with explosive to blow a passage across a minefield.
Valiant ~ Improved tank design.