T7 M7 Medium Tank
In January 1941, the Armoured force prepared a list of characteristics for a new light tank. It was assigned the designation T7. During development the tanks weight increased from 14 to 27 tons. The classification was changed OCM 18522, 6 August 1942 which standardized the T7E5 as the M7 medium.
- T7 - Welded hull, five speed Hydramatic transmission, volute spring suspension
- T7E1 - Riveted hull, formed homogenous plate turret, torque converter
- T7E2 - Cast upper hull, Wright R-975 Engine, Warner Gear torque converter, armed with Ordnance QF 6-pounder Mark III
- T7E3 - Welded hull and turret, twin Hercules DRXBS diesel engines, Detroit Gear automatic transmission
- T7E4 - Welded hull and turret, twin Cadillac engines, two Hydramatic transmissions
- T7E5 - T7E2 rearmed with 75 mm M3 standardized as M7 medium