The Fl 184 was a two-seat autogyro with enclosed cabin. The rotors had a length of 12 m and a cyclic pitch control system. The aircraft's power was supplied by a 140 hp Siemens-Halske Sh 14 radial engine that drove a two-bladed wooden propeller.
The sole Fl 184, registration D-EDVE, was scheduled for night reconnaissance testing in late 1936. Before the tests could take place, it caught fire whilst in flight and crashed. The entire program was cancelled after the crash.