Crusader III AA Mk III
The Crusader turret was replaced by twin 20mm Oerlikon AA in a new enclosed turret. First tests occurred in June 1943. Had a crew of 4, and carried 600 rounds of ammunition. A Crusader armed with twin Oerlikon 20 mm guns for anti-aircraft use and a single .303 Vickers GO machine gun. The turret was a small polygonal turret with heavy armour, but poor situational visibility for spotting approaching aircraft.