Early Armoured Cars
In April 1916 the Australian contributed an armoured car section of their own to the war with the Turkish armies. These armoured cars comprised of a Daimler and Mercedes armoured cars, a Minerva pick-up truck and a crude motorcycle machine-gun combination. They served with the 11th and 12th Light Armoured Car Batteries as part of the Western Frontier Force. They proved unsuitable for Desert work and were shipped back to Australia in 1917.