The Panzerkampfwagen V Ausf. F (or Panther Ausf. F) was to be the next mark of the Panther replacing the Ausf. G. The Ausf. F was to differ from the Ausf. G in many respects:
- The new Diamler-Benz 'Schmal' turret was to be utilized. This turret featured a stereoscopic range-finger, a connical gun mantlet for use with the 7.5cm KwK 42/1, a coaxial MG42, and thicker armor.
- 25mm roof armor as opposed to the previous 16mm.
- Driver's and Hull Gunner's hatches designed to be lifted slightly and moved to the side.
- Hull machine gun designed for the MP44.
- Stowage, radios, and weapons arragned so that the troops could convert any Panther to a command tank.
- The anti-aircraft mount installation was preparted to a point at which the crew could install the rest.
- The steel-rimmed 'silent bloc' wheels were to become standard.