In March 1943 Focke-Wulf began a series of design studies for single-seat, jet powered fighters. Entwurf 6 (Projekt VI) reache mock-up stage in Febuary 1944. The "Flitzer" was well advanced in development, a full-size mock-up and prototype sub-assemblies were completed. The designation was changed to Projekt VII and was given the code name "Flitzer" (Madcap). The mid-fuselage mounted wings had moderate sweepback (32 degrees), twin booms and a high mounted tailplane. The engine was a single He S 011A tubojet. Projected armament consisted of two MK 103 30mm cannon or two MK 108 30mm cannon in the lower nose and two MG 151/20 20mm cannon in the wings.
Restoration Status - In Paint Shop